POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New adventure in blurring : New adventure in blurring Server Time
17 Aug 2024 08:22:34 EDT (-0400)
  New adventure in blurring
From: Trevor Quayle
Date: 18 Oct 2001 14:30:48
Message: <3bcf1fd8@news.povray.org>
Here are my latest attempts at reflection blurring.
All use AA method 2, threshold 0.0, recursion level 3

left to right, top to bottom:
1) No blurring
2) Horizontal (vertical scratches)
3) Vertical
4) Bi-directional (my first somewhat successful attempt)
5) Isotropic
6) Circular

The bi-directional took me a while to figure out. Averaging horizontal and
vertical wouldn't work (it finally occured to me why) and I finally came up
with a solution (which I won't reveal quite yet, but perhaps some of you out
there already can figure out yourselves). Now to test them all out with
transmission.

-tgq

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: